The Process of Selling a Home
It's our goal to help your home sale go as smoothly as possible and get you the maximum price. We are committed to work hard for you throughout the sale and beyond. Here's a look at the basic process:
- Meet with EXPERT and begin the discussion of your needs, questions, and timing. We'll walk through the home and ask you lots of questions, so we can confidently compare it with other the neighborhood sales and help you determine pricing. Here is where we sign paperwork to let us represent you and negotiate for you too.
- Prepare you home for sale. You'll want to give it a deep clean, depersonalize and make any needed repairs (we'll give advice on this). We will also help you stage the home and take high-definition photos.
- Now we'll implement our marketing plan, including putting the home on the MLS, online advertising, social media, open houses, etc.
- Showings begin and buyers view the home! We use an excellent service to help manage showings.
- Receive and review any offer(s).
- We help you negotiate with buyers to get the best price and terms.
- When you accept an offer, you are under contract!
- Now we remove any contingencies including inspection items, appraisal, etc. Expert will help you negotiate any resolutions needed.
- Finally, we all attend closing where you will sign final paperwork, transfer ownership of your home to the new buyer and receive any profits!
- Move out and celebrate!
Are there things we should do to our home to maximize value?
What if another agent tells us they can get more for the house?
Some agents will quote a higher listing price just to get your business, but an overpriced house will not sell. When you choose to work with us, we will conduct a comprehensive market analysis prior to recommending an asking price for your home. We will explain how we arrived at the price range, and will offer our professional opinion on how the market will value your home and respond to certain prices, but ultimately the decision as to asking price is up to you.
Do I need to sell before I buy? What if I can’t find my next home?
Every situation is unique and we’ll work with you on how and when to list your home and look for the next one. A lot depends on your financial situation as well as the market conditions. We won’t let you be homeless!
Will you be present at all showings?
For showings, potential buyers will bring their own agents to see your home. Most buyers prefer only their own agents be present when evaluating a prospective home. When we have one of our buyers who wants to see your home, or buyers who contact us in response to our marketing, we will be there with them.
Do I need to move out of my home to sell it?
In most cases, the answer is no. We can work with you to help you present your home in the best light for buyers.
Ready to learn what your home is worth?
We'll be happy to give you a value for your home and tell you more about our seller marketing.